By David Teeter
The tale starts in a Jewish local in Jerusalem. It concludes in a secure condominium for Muslim collage students.
David Teeter explores 3 severe questions:
1. will we be either "pro-Israel" and "pro-Palestine" ?
2. Can a Muslim stick to Jesus and stay a Muslim?
3. Can Israelis and Palestinians proportion the Land of Promise in peace?
David's tale will thrill you. His solutions will shock you.
Read Online or Download A Stone's Throw From Bethlehem: Christians, Muslims, and Jews in the Land of Promise PDF
Similar judaism books
From the Preface:"The important thrust of this publication is to problem the compartmentalization to which we look all too simply resigned, to find even if, and to what quantity, the equipment of contemporary scholarship can turn into half and parcel of the research of Torah, conceived as a religious-intellectual lifestyle.
This is the 1st quantity ever to target the problems of Jewish girls within the context of counseling and psychotherapy. via poignant mirrored image and statement, the authors exhibit the richness and diversity of Jewish women’s stories and the Jewishness and femaleness of the troubles, concerns, values, and attitudes that Jewish women--both consumers and therapists--bring into the remedy room.
Impurity and Gender within the Hebrew Bible explores the function of girl blood within the Hebrew Bible and considers its theological implications for destiny understandings of purity and impurity within the Jewish faith. motivated by way of the paintings of Jonathan Klawans (Sin and Impurity in historical Judaism), and utilizing the kinds of formality and ethical impurities, this publication analyzes the best way those different types intersect with girls and with the impurity of girl blood, and reads the biblical foundations of purity and blood taboos with a feminist lens.
Marius Heemstra argues that the 'harsh' management of the Fiscus Judaicus lower than the Roman emperor Domitian (81-96) and the reform of this Fiscus lower than the emperor Nerva (96-98), speeded up the parting of the methods among Judaism and Christianity, leading to separate religions. From ninety six CE onwards, Roman gurus used a extra pointed definition of 'Jew', which made it more uncomplicated for them to differentiate among Judaism (an authorized faith in the empire) and Christianity (an unlawful spiritual movement).
- The Fruits of the Tree of Life: The Cabbalistic Tradition: 32 (Complete Works)
- Il était une fois le judaïsme (JUDAISME) (French Edition)
- Moses Mendelssohn (The Tauber Institute Series for the Study of European Jewry & The Brandeis Library of Modern Jewish Thought)
- Exile and Destruction: The Fate of Austrian Jews, 1938-1945: Fate of Austrian Jews, 1938-45 (Greenwood Press Events That Changed)
- A Wild Faith: Jewish Ways into Wilderness, Wilderness Ways into Judaism
Extra info for A Stone's Throw From Bethlehem: Christians, Muslims, and Jews in the Land of Promise
A Stone's Throw From Bethlehem: Christians, Muslims, and Jews in the Land of Promise by David Teeter